'Facilitating the development, set up and successful completion of mental health clinical research studies across Scotland.'
The Scottish Mental Health Research Network (SMHRN):
- Supports high quality research in mental health in Scotland.
- Set up in 2007 and officially launched in November 2009. (Slides and video footage from the event are available, including presentations from the Director, Professor Stephen Lawrie.)
- The network has adopted over seventy studies including large multi centre trials (SMaRT 2 and SMaRT 3), Imaging studies (TMRI-GC Imaging), genetic studies (Scottish Family Genetic Collaboration), pilot studies (Multiple Symptoms Study), commercial studies and epidemiological studies.
SMaRT Oncology-2 & SMaRT Oncology-3 Trials published in The Lancet
We are pleased to report that the SMaRT Oncology-2 & SMaRT Oncology-3 trials have been published in a series of linked papers in The Lancet.
The papers report on the prevalence of major depression in patients with cancer, and on two trials of an integrated depression treatment. The papers can be found by following the link below.
The Scottish Mental Health Research Network team supported these trials with their recruitment and follow-up, and would like to congratulate the Psychological Medicine Research group led by Professor Michael Sharpe.
SMHRN Annual Scientific Meeting 2014 -
De-stigmatising Mental Illness: the Role of Science & Experience
|Date:||11th December 2014|
|Venue:||John McIntyre Conference Centre, Pollock Halls, Edinburgh|
The Scottish Mental Health Research Network Annual Scientific Meeting will take place on 11th December at the John McIntyre Conference Centre, Pollock Halls, Edinburgh. We have a new format this year which includes workshops, speakers, poster presentations and input from the Scottish Mental Health Arts & Film Festival. Please join us for what we hope will be a lively and stimulating programme. This event is open to anyone interested and involved in mental health research in Scotland. The event is free and lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Speakers and workshop presenters include
- Isabella Goldie, Mental Health Foundation
- Keith Laws, University of Hertfordshire
- Rosie Stenhouse, University of Edinburgh
- Simon Bradstreet, Scottish Recovery Network
- Cathy Wield, Author
- Diana Rose, King's College London
- Peter Byrne, Newham University Hospital
- Stephen Lawrie, University of Edinburgh
- Further speakers/presenters to be confirmed
We welcome poster abstracts for this event. Please see submission form below for further details.
To request an exhibition stand please email the network administrator.
A copy of the programme will be available in due course
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN !!!
The newsletter will be available to download on our website and will be sent out electronically every quarter to our mailing list. If you have not already done so, please join our mailing list.